Icy roads cause headaches on Hwy. 5
Dec 22, 2012 / 12:31 pm
Although no official warnings have been issue by DriveBC, we have learned of numerous accidents on the Coquihalla highway.
There have been four accidents and two roll-overs due to icy conditions just east of the toll booth. Visibility issues include fog and light snow which adds to the ice. There have also been reports of drivers speeding which is also causing issues.
Environment Canada is calling for a 30 per cent chance of flurries this afternoon from Hope to Merritt and about two centimetres of snow to fall this evening and overnight on both the Coquihalla highway and the Okanagan Connector.
Remember to drive with caution.
Read more BC News
- Police investigate Surrey shooting
- Hotel staff find dead body
- A cherry of a deal with China
- Cyclist killed near Kamloops
- SUV crashes off Mayne Island
- Man and woman hurt in double shooting
- Pipeline spill southwest of Merritt
- Charges laid in skateboard assault case
- Pipeline backlash following latest spill
- Crash of small plane claims lone pilot
- Woman gives birth at Richmond mall
- Pin pad fraud
(Click for RSS instructions.)