Icy roads cause headaches on Hwy. 5
Dec 22, 2012 / 12:31 pm
Although no official warnings have been issue by DriveBC, we have learned of numerous accidents on the Coquihalla highway.
There have been four accidents and two roll-overs due to icy conditions just east of the toll booth. Visibility issues include fog and light snow which adds to the ice. There have also been reports of drivers speeding which is also causing issues.
Environment Canada is calling for a 30 per cent chance of flurries this afternoon from Hope to Merritt and about two centimetres of snow to fall this evening and overnight on both the Coquihalla highway and the Okanagan Connector.
Remember to drive with caution.
Read more BC News
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
- Strikes loom at Okanagan schools
- Gov't endorses alcohol sales in stores
- Whistler sled dogs still need homes
- December CounterAttack roadchecks on
- Mounties make arrest in deadly collision
(Click for RSS instructions.)