Teen shot in Vanderhoof
Dec 21, 2012 / 8:32 pm
Mounties in northern British Columbia say they're investigating the shooting death of an 18-year-old woman.
The Vanderhoof RCMP says it was notified late Thursday afternoon of a female suffering from a life-threatening gunshot wound being transported to the University Hospital of Northern British Columbia.
Vanderhoof is located 97 kilometres west of Prince George where the hospital is located.
Police say the victim underwent surgery but later succumbed to her injuries.
Mounties say the investigation is in its early stages and they`re asking anybody with information on the incident to contact them or Crime Stoppers.
Police did not release the victim`s identity.
Read more BC News
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
(Click for RSS instructions.)