Teen shot in Vanderhoof
Dec 21, 2012 / 8:32 pm
Mounties in northern British Columbia say they're investigating the shooting death of an 18-year-old woman.
The Vanderhoof RCMP says it was notified late Thursday afternoon of a female suffering from a life-threatening gunshot wound being transported to the University Hospital of Northern British Columbia.
Vanderhoof is located 97 kilometres west of Prince George where the hospital is located.
Police say the victim underwent surgery but later succumbed to her injuries.
Mounties say the investigation is in its early stages and they`re asking anybody with information on the incident to contact them or Crime Stoppers.
Police did not release the victim`s identity.
Read more BC News
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
(Click for RSS instructions.)