Teen shot in Vanderhoof
Dec 21, 2012 / 8:32 pm
Mounties in northern British Columbia say they're investigating the shooting death of an 18-year-old woman.
The Vanderhoof RCMP says it was notified late Thursday afternoon of a female suffering from a life-threatening gunshot wound being transported to the University Hospital of Northern British Columbia.
Vanderhoof is located 97 kilometres west of Prince George where the hospital is located.
Police say the victim underwent surgery but later succumbed to her injuries.
Mounties say the investigation is in its early stages and they`re asking anybody with information on the incident to contact them or Crime Stoppers.
Police did not release the victim`s identity.
Read more BC News
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
(Click for RSS instructions.)