Hwy. 1 opens after Avalanche closure
Dec 21, 2012 / 5:13 am
Update: Road reopened from Jackass Mountain Summit (361 metres) to Junction with Hwy. 12, Lytton South Access. Updated on Fri. Dec. 21 at 7:33 a.m.
Highway 1 Both directions
Closed in both directions from Boston Bar to Lytton (42.6 km) because of high avalanche hazard.
No estimated time of opening; assessment still ongoing.
Next update at 9 a.m. Dec 21.
Alternate route available via Highway 5 and Highway 8.
Read more BC News
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
- Strikes loom at Okanagan schools
(Click for RSS instructions.)