Hwy. 1 opens after Avalanche closure
Dec 21, 2012 / 5:13 am
Update: Road reopened from Jackass Mountain Summit (361 metres) to Junction with Hwy. 12, Lytton South Access. Updated on Fri. Dec. 21 at 7:33 a.m.
Highway 1 Both directions
Closed in both directions from Boston Bar to Lytton (42.6 km) because of high avalanche hazard.
No estimated time of opening; assessment still ongoing.
Next update at 9 a.m. Dec 21.
Alternate route available via Highway 5 and Highway 8.
Read more BC News
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
(Click for RSS instructions.)