Hwy 1 reopened at Three Valley Gap
Dec 20, 2012 / 12:47 pm
Update: Highway 1 is now reopen at Three Valley Gap, but remains closed in both directions from Boston Bar to Lytton.
According to DriveBC the highway is closed near Boston Bar because of high avalanche hazard. There is no estimated time of opening and assessments are still ongoing. An alternate route is available via highway 5 and highway 8.
A vehicle incident has closed the highway at Three Valley Gap. There are no detours available. The estimated time of opening is between 2 and 3 p.m.
Check DriveBC for updates.
Read more BC News
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
(Click for RSS instructions.)