Police blotter: Who's the real dope
Dec 18, 2012 / 4:17 pm
This one could go under the heading of "You've got to be kidding!"
Provincial Court in Williams Lake took an unexpected twist after one man’s common-law wife tried to ensure he had some entertainment while in jail.
During the man’s hearing for numerous outstanding warrants his partner took the opportunity to throw a bag of marihuana into the prisoner’s box where he was seated.
The incident was witnessed by those in the courtroom and she arrested at the scene for trafficking.
“In my time as a police officer, I’ve seen, and heard of, a number of odd criminal offences but I have to admit this is definitely one of the stranger ones,” says Inspector Warren Brown, Officer in Charge of Williams Lake RCMP Detachment.
“It’s important for people to remember that drug trafficking charges are very serious. Hopefully this woman will learn her lesson and not commit criminal acts in the future.”
Read more BC News
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
(Click for RSS instructions.)