Police blotter: Who's the real dope
Dec 18, 2012 / 4:17 pm
This one could go under the heading of "You've got to be kidding!"
Provincial Court in Williams Lake took an unexpected twist after one man’s common-law wife tried to ensure he had some entertainment while in jail.
During the man’s hearing for numerous outstanding warrants his partner took the opportunity to throw a bag of marihuana into the prisoner’s box where he was seated.
The incident was witnessed by those in the courtroom and she arrested at the scene for trafficking.
“In my time as a police officer, I’ve seen, and heard of, a number of odd criminal offences but I have to admit this is definitely one of the stranger ones,” says Inspector Warren Brown, Officer in Charge of Williams Lake RCMP Detachment.
“It’s important for people to remember that drug trafficking charges are very serious. Hopefully this woman will learn her lesson and not commit criminal acts in the future.”
Read more BC News
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
(Click for RSS instructions.)