Police blotter: Who's the real dope
Dec 18, 2012 / 4:17 pm
This one could go under the heading of "You've got to be kidding!"
Provincial Court in Williams Lake took an unexpected twist after one man’s common-law wife tried to ensure he had some entertainment while in jail.
During the man’s hearing for numerous outstanding warrants his partner took the opportunity to throw a bag of marihuana into the prisoner’s box where he was seated.
The incident was witnessed by those in the courtroom and she arrested at the scene for trafficking.
“In my time as a police officer, I’ve seen, and heard of, a number of odd criminal offences but I have to admit this is definitely one of the stranger ones,” says Inspector Warren Brown, Officer in Charge of Williams Lake RCMP Detachment.
“It’s important for people to remember that drug trafficking charges are very serious. Hopefully this woman will learn her lesson and not commit criminal acts in the future.”
Read more BC News
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
(Click for RSS instructions.)