Avalanche control on Hwy. 1 and 3
Dec 18, 2012 / 5:27 am
Expect travel delays on two major routes because of avalanche control.
Highway 1 Both directions:
Avalanche Control 26 km. west of Revelstoke to 9 km. west of Revelstoke (17 km), 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on Tue. Dec. 18. Delays to 2 hours expected. Updated on Tue. Dec. 18 at 5:02 a.m.
Highway 3 Both directions:
Closed in both directions 5 km. west of Kootenay Pass Summit to 5 km. east of Kootenay Pass Summit (10 km.) because of Avalanche Control, 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. on Tue. Dec. 18.
Detour available from Nelson to Creston via Highway 3A and the Kootenay Lake Ferry. Est. travel time 2.5 hours. Updated on Tue. Dec. 18 at 1:31 a.m.
Check DriveBC for more updates.
Read more BC News
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
(Click for RSS instructions.)