Avalanche control on Hwy. 1 and 3
Dec 18, 2012 / 5:27 am
Expect travel delays on two major routes because of avalanche control.
Highway 1 Both directions:
Avalanche Control 26 km. west of Revelstoke to 9 km. west of Revelstoke (17 km), 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. on Tue. Dec. 18. Delays to 2 hours expected. Updated on Tue. Dec. 18 at 5:02 a.m.
Highway 3 Both directions:
Closed in both directions 5 km. west of Kootenay Pass Summit to 5 km. east of Kootenay Pass Summit (10 km.) because of Avalanche Control, 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. on Tue. Dec. 18.
Detour available from Nelson to Creston via Highway 3A and the Kootenay Lake Ferry. Est. travel time 2.5 hours. Updated on Tue. Dec. 18 at 1:31 a.m.
Check DriveBC for more updates.
Read more BC News
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
(Click for RSS instructions.)