Coquihalla opens after snow closure
Dec 17, 2012 / 9:58 pm
The Coquihalla has reopened from Hope to Merritt after being closed for more than six hours. There is still a traffic advisory for the route.
DriveBC condition report for Highway 5: Compact snow with slippery sections and limited visibility caused by blowing snow. Updated Tue. Dec. 18 at 12:42 a.m.
Thre is also reports of a single lane closure because of a vehicle Incident on Highway 5 northbound at Box Canyon chain-up area (north of Hope), 30 minute delays can be expected. Updated on Tue. Dec. 18 at 4:19 a.m.
Update: Closed from Hope to Merritt - Estimated time of opening between 12 a.m - 3 a.m. December 18. Next update at 11:30 p.m.
Highway 5 Southbound
Closed from Merritt to Hope because of Heavy Snowfall.
No Estimated time of opening. Assessment in progress.
Detour available via Highway 8 and Highway 1.
Next update 10 pm. Updated on Mon Dec. 17 at 8:57 p.m.
Forecast: Coquihalla Highway - Hope to Merritt
Tonight Snow - 10 to 20 cm.
Mainly cloudy with scattered flurries.
Read more BC News
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
- Strikes loom at Okanagan schools
- Gov't endorses alcohol sales in stores
(Click for RSS instructions.)