Clerk tied up during robbery
Dec 17, 2012 / 2:09 pm
The Boundary area RCMP detachments lived up to the motto 'we always get our man', or men in this case, as two suspects were apprehended Monday.
The two men are believed to be responsible for a robbery, with violence, at a Greenwood motel early Monday morning.
On December 17, at around 1:37 a.m., the Midway RCMP received a call of a robbery and forcible confinement. On arrival investigators spoke to a female employee at a local motel in Greenwood. The suspects had tied the woman up during the robbery, however she was otherwise physically unharmed.
Other Boundary area detachments were notified of the incident and at approximately 2 a.m. members from the Grand Forks RCMP stopped a grey Nissan Pathfinder that was eastbound on Hwy. 3 and arrested two males matching the description of the suspects in this case.
The two males both from Calgary, Alberta, aged 26 and 28 are currently in custody. The police investigation is continuing with members from Midway, Grand Forks, Kootenay Boundary GIS and Forensic Identification Services working on the case.
Read more BC News
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
(Click for RSS instructions.)