Greyhound bus crashes on Coquihalla
Dec 17, 2012 / 8:34 am
Approximately 40 people have been taken to Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops with undetermined injuries after an accident on the Coquihalla highway.
The incident happened around 1:45 a.m. when a greyhound bus rolled onto its side after swerving around a broken down vehicle that was partially blocking one of the northbound lanes.
The bus was headed to Kamloops when it crashed about 5 kilometres north of the Helmar Road exit.
Logan Lake RCMP along with BC Ambulance an fire crews attended the scene.
The investigation into the crash is continuing with the assistance from the BC Commercial Vehicle Safety Inspectors.
Read more BC News
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
(Click for RSS instructions.)