Greyhound bus crashes on Coquihalla
Dec 17, 2012 / 8:34 am
Approximately 40 people have been taken to Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops with undetermined injuries after an accident on the Coquihalla highway.
The incident happened around 1:45 a.m. when a greyhound bus rolled onto its side after swerving around a broken down vehicle that was partially blocking one of the northbound lanes.
The bus was headed to Kamloops when it crashed about 5 kilometres north of the Helmar Road exit.
Logan Lake RCMP along with BC Ambulance an fire crews attended the scene.
The investigation into the crash is continuing with the assistance from the BC Commercial Vehicle Safety Inspectors.
Read more BC News
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
(Click for RSS instructions.)