Delta B.C. on flood alert
Dec 15, 2012 / 3:23 pm
The municipality of Delta, B.C., has issued an alert about the risk of flooding due to high tide, strong winds and a storm surge.
A news release says several areas could be affected Monday between 4 a.m. and 10 a.m., including Westham Island, Boundary Bay and the waterfront by the Tsawwassen (Sa-WA-sun) First Nation.
The municipality says an emergency operations centre has been set up and will be activated early Monday morning.
Engineering crews are spending the weekend monitoring dikes and the areas at risk.
Beach walkways have been sandbagged and locked to prevent access and sand-berming has been completed.
Read more BC News
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
(Click for RSS instructions.)