Let's party, it's the end of the world
Dec 20, 2012 / 3:27 pm
The Mayans were members of a clever civilization. They were well recognized throughout history for their architecture, mathematics, astronomy and language skills. They also had their own calendar system, which some people believe will come to an end on Dec. 21 with some sort of cataclysm.
While many people have come to terms with the fact that this latest doomsday prophecy will probably not come to fruition, there is a dedicated group in Kamloops that is ready to let it all hang loose on the night leading up to the end.
According to a Facebook event labeled as an “End of the World Party”, over 14,000 residents will converge on an area to the Southeast of the city known as Tree Flats. Another 3,800 people have registered for the event as a ‘maybe’.
“Last day of existence (apparently),” the event description says.
“Invite everyone, lets make this the biggest party in the world the night we (are) all supposed (to) die …lol.”
The event is scheduled to take place Dec. 20 from 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Read more BC News
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
- Strikes loom at Okanagan schools
- Gov't endorses alcohol sales in stores
- Whistler sled dogs still need homes
- December CounterAttack roadchecks on
- Mounties make arrest in deadly collision
- Coquitlam crash kills two
(Click for RSS instructions.)