Let's party, it's the end of the world
Dec 20, 2012 / 3:27 pm
The Mayans were members of a clever civilization. They were well recognized throughout history for their architecture, mathematics, astronomy and language skills. They also had their own calendar system, which some people believe will come to an end on Dec. 21 with some sort of cataclysm.
While many people have come to terms with the fact that this latest doomsday prophecy will probably not come to fruition, there is a dedicated group in Kamloops that is ready to let it all hang loose on the night leading up to the end.
According to a Facebook event labeled as an “End of the World Party”, over 14,000 residents will converge on an area to the Southeast of the city known as Tree Flats. Another 3,800 people have registered for the event as a ‘maybe’.
“Last day of existence (apparently),” the event description says.
“Invite everyone, lets make this the biggest party in the world the night we (are) all supposed (to) die …lol.”
The event is scheduled to take place Dec. 20 from 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Read more BC News
- Man and woman hurt in double shooting
- Pipeline spill southwest of Merritt
- Charges laid in skateboard assault case
- Pipeline backlash following latest spill
- Crash of small plane claims lone pilot
- Woman gives birth at Richmond mall
- Pin pad fraud
- Malaysian company to invest $16B
- Premier's first priority? Raises for staff
- Charges approved against 229 in riot
- RCMP seeking stolen dirtbike
- Okanagan prepares for invasive species
(Click for RSS instructions.)