Let's party, it's the end of the world
Dec 20, 2012 / 3:27 pm
The Mayans were members of a clever civilization. They were well recognized throughout history for their architecture, mathematics, astronomy and language skills. They also had their own calendar system, which some people believe will come to an end on Dec. 21 with some sort of cataclysm.
While many people have come to terms with the fact that this latest doomsday prophecy will probably not come to fruition, there is a dedicated group in Kamloops that is ready to let it all hang loose on the night leading up to the end.
According to a Facebook event labeled as an “End of the World Party”, over 14,000 residents will converge on an area to the Southeast of the city known as Tree Flats. Another 3,800 people have registered for the event as a ‘maybe’.
“Last day of existence (apparently),” the event description says.
“Invite everyone, lets make this the biggest party in the world the night we (are) all supposed (to) die …lol.”
The event is scheduled to take place Dec. 20 from 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Read more BC News
- Coal mine rejected on Vancouver Island
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
(Click for RSS instructions.)