Searchers can't find body of teacher
Dec 13, 2012 / 8:41 pm
A search has been called off for the body of a pregnant teacher in the North Thompson River.
Courtney Buck was with her husband on Sunday when their vehicle plunged 30 metres down an embankment and into the river, south of Clearwater.
Police divers found Skye Buck's body still inside the vehicle two days ago, but Courtney's body couldn't be found.
RCMP Cpl. Dan Moskaluk says the extensive search covered air, land and on the water.
He says the search could resume later if the river conditions and water levels change.
Courtney was a Grade 1 teacher at Raft River Elementary school in Clearwater, while Skye taught math and coached basketball at the municipalities only high school.
Read more BC News
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
(Click for RSS instructions.)