Searchers can't find body of teacher
Dec 13, 2012 / 8:41 pm
A search has been called off for the body of a pregnant teacher in the North Thompson River.
Courtney Buck was with her husband on Sunday when their vehicle plunged 30 metres down an embankment and into the river, south of Clearwater.
Police divers found Skye Buck's body still inside the vehicle two days ago, but Courtney's body couldn't be found.
RCMP Cpl. Dan Moskaluk says the extensive search covered air, land and on the water.
He says the search could resume later if the river conditions and water levels change.
Courtney was a Grade 1 teacher at Raft River Elementary school in Clearwater, while Skye taught math and coached basketball at the municipalities only high school.
Read more BC News
- Body of missing senior found
- Atheist ad rejected by billboard company
- Site C dam will drown their dream home
- Suspect damages police cars in Burnaby
- Canadian luge team: 2nd in World Cup
- Woman convicted for stabbing ex
- Boater rescued from remote BC channel
- 54,000 without power near Victoria
- Crash near Cranbrook kills 2
- School trustees want special hydro rate
- Sea otter shot in face now stable
- Richmond man shot in tile store
(Click for RSS instructions.)