UPDATE: Rogers Pass reopens
Dec 12, 2012 / 12:15 am
UPDATE: Highway 1 between Golden and Revelstoke reopened to traffic at midnight Tuesday. The highway was closed mid afternoon for a collision. DriveBC advised traffic could be congested for several hours.
Highway 1 is closed in both directions from Revelstoke to Golden because of vehicle incident.
The crash occurred mid afternoon Tuesday.
Originally, officials had hoped to open the road between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m.
Now, according to DriveBC, the estimated time of opening is between 11 p.m. and 1 a.m.
No detour is available.
DriveBC will update the situation later this evening.
Read more BC News
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
(Click for RSS instructions.)