Body recovered from N. Thompson
Dec 11, 2012 / 11:13 am
Rescue workers in Clearwater have found the body of one of two victims killed in a tragic accident on Highway 5 Sunday evening.
RCMP say the body of 30-year-old Skye Buck was located in the North Thompson River.
"The RCMP Underwater Recovery Team have located the vehicle and driver, Skye Buck, but his wife Courtney Buck is still missing," says Cst. Leslie Smith.
"Search efforts will continue throughout the day along the North Thompson River, however, the search process has been challenging due to winter weather conditions."
The couple, both school teachers in Clearwater, were on their way home Sunday night when their vehicle hit a patch of ice, went down an embankment and into the North Thompson River.
Police say grief counselors and victim services have been brought in to assist with staff and students with the Clearwater high school and elementary school where the couple were teachers.
Clearwater RCMP, search and rescue and RCMP dive teams are continuing in the search for Courtney Buck.
Read more BC News
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
(Click for RSS instructions.)