Cops send out 'naughty' cards
Dec 10, 2012 / 11:02 am
Prolific criminal offenders in Abbotsford, B.C., who have made the police department's naughty list will soon be getting a special Christmas greeting.
The front of the card shows Santa dressed in police tactical gear and carrying a machine gun.
The message on the front asks "Which list will you be on next year?" and inside, it tells the recipient it's never too late to make a better choice.
The card is signed by Abbotsford's Chief Constable Bob Rich and his two deputy constables.
The department mailout will go to those who have been caught many times for property crimes and those who are known for drug and gang activity.
There's also a phone number attached to the card where the offenders can call and leave their name and contact information to get help in making a life-changing choice.
Read more BC News
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
(Click for RSS instructions.)