Alberta man charged in BC attacks
Dec 8, 2012 / 6:20 pm
The Vancouver police say they've charged a 35-year-old man from Alberta in serious attacks on three women in the city.
Police have said three women were attacked on Dec. 7 within about a half an hour of each other, including an 87-year-old woman.
A news release says a suspect was arrested near B.C. Place stadium shortly after the attacks.
Police say Nicholas Osuteye has been charged with three counts of attempted murder and one count each of assault and mischief.
Osuteye is in custody and his next court appearance hasn't been scheduled.
The 87-year-old, who wasn't identified by police until Saturday, remains in hospital in serious condition.
Read more BC News
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
(Click for RSS instructions.)