B.C. Civil Liberties vs. B.C. Liberals
Dec 7, 2012 / 8:07 am
There'll be a re-match between Premier Christy Clark and David Eby in the riding of Vancouver-Point Grey in next May's B.C. election.
New Democrats in the riding acclaimed Eby as their candidate at a nomination meeting Thursday night.
Eby, the executive director of the B.C. Civil Liberties Association, came within 564 votes of beating Clark in a by-election last year and says he's looking forward to another run at the premier.
Clark has been bracing for the rematch, saying last month that Eby stands on the far left of the political spectrum, even further left than NDP leader Adrian Dix.
For his part, Dix says Eby is practical and hard-working and will be a powerful voice for the community if he's elected.
Read more BC News
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
(Click for RSS instructions.)