B.C. Civil Liberties vs. B.C. Liberals
Dec 7, 2012 / 8:07 am
There'll be a re-match between Premier Christy Clark and David Eby in the riding of Vancouver-Point Grey in next May's B.C. election.
New Democrats in the riding acclaimed Eby as their candidate at a nomination meeting Thursday night.
Eby, the executive director of the B.C. Civil Liberties Association, came within 564 votes of beating Clark in a by-election last year and says he's looking forward to another run at the premier.
Clark has been bracing for the rematch, saying last month that Eby stands on the far left of the political spectrum, even further left than NDP leader Adrian Dix.
For his part, Dix says Eby is practical and hard-working and will be a powerful voice for the community if he's elected.
Read more BC News
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
(Click for RSS instructions.)