Human remains discovered in Kamloops
Dec 5, 2012 / 4:15 pm
Kamloops RCMP are investigating the discovery of human remains in the city.
Sgt. Lorne Wood with the Major Crime Unit, says police were notified of the discovery about 11:45 this (Wednesday) morning.
Wood says a man walking his dog in the Guerrin Creek area came across what appeared to be human remains.
"Patrol officers attended and confirmed the presence of apparent human remains and cordoned off the area," says Wood.
He says members of the Serious Crimes Unit, Property Crimes Unit, Forensic Identification Section and Police Dog Section are conducting a complete examination of the area.
"No details are being released regarding the scene. Investigators are working to establish an identification of the remains."
Wood asks anyone who may have witnessed anything unusual or suspicious in the Mount Guerrin area of Kamloops over the past 24 hours to call the Kamloops RCMP or Crimestoppers.
Read more BC News
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
(Click for RSS instructions.)