Human remains discovered in Kamloops
Dec 5, 2012 / 4:15 pm
Kamloops RCMP are investigating the discovery of human remains in the city.
Sgt. Lorne Wood with the Major Crime Unit, says police were notified of the discovery about 11:45 this (Wednesday) morning.
Wood says a man walking his dog in the Guerrin Creek area came across what appeared to be human remains.
"Patrol officers attended and confirmed the presence of apparent human remains and cordoned off the area," says Wood.
He says members of the Serious Crimes Unit, Property Crimes Unit, Forensic Identification Section and Police Dog Section are conducting a complete examination of the area.
"No details are being released regarding the scene. Investigators are working to establish an identification of the remains."
Wood asks anyone who may have witnessed anything unusual or suspicious in the Mount Guerrin area of Kamloops over the past 24 hours to call the Kamloops RCMP or Crimestoppers.
Read more BC News
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
(Click for RSS instructions.)