Investigation into RCMP Island arrest
Dec 2, 2012 / 1:31 pm
B.C.'s Independent Investigations Office is looking into a motorcycle crash near Campbell River early Sunday morning that involved RCMP.
The independent police watchdog says Mounties were trying to stop a motorcycle around 2 a.m. because the driver was allegedly not wearing a helmet.
During the incident the male motorcycle driver lost control at a high rate of speed and struck the RCMP cruiser, sustaining serious injuries.
He was taken to hospital for treatment.
Five investigators from the police oversight agency are involved.
The Campbell River RCMP are conducting the investigation into the actions of the motorcycle driver.
Read more BC News
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
- Strikes loom at Okanagan schools
- Gov't endorses alcohol sales in stores
(Click for RSS instructions.)