Investigation into RCMP Island arrest
Dec 2, 2012 / 1:31 pm
B.C.'s Independent Investigations Office is looking into a motorcycle crash near Campbell River early Sunday morning that involved RCMP.
The independent police watchdog says Mounties were trying to stop a motorcycle around 2 a.m. because the driver was allegedly not wearing a helmet.
During the incident the male motorcycle driver lost control at a high rate of speed and struck the RCMP cruiser, sustaining serious injuries.
He was taken to hospital for treatment.
Five investigators from the police oversight agency are involved.
The Campbell River RCMP are conducting the investigation into the actions of the motorcycle driver.
Read more BC News
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
- Juror excused at BC ferry sinking trial
- Body found following swimming tragedy
- 72-hour strike notice given to FortisBC
(Click for RSS instructions.)