Merritt man hit by car, dies in hospital
Dec 2, 2012 / 7:45 am
An 81-year-old Merritt resident has died after being struck by a vehicle while crossing the street.
The incident happened around 7:15 p.m. last night at the intersection of Charters Street and Nicola Avenue.
The man was transported to Nicola Valley Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
Central Interior Traffic Service is conducting the investigation along with B.C. coroner services.
The name of the deceased has not been released and there is no word if the driver of the vehicle will face charges.
Read more BC News
- Get hooked (for free) this Father's Day
- Police investigate Surrey shooting
- Hotel staff find dead body
- A cherry of a deal with China
- Cyclist killed near Kamloops
- SUV crashes off Mayne Island
- Man and woman hurt in double shooting
- Pipeline spill southwest of Merritt
- Charges laid in skateboard assault case
- Pipeline backlash following latest spill
- Crash of small plane claims lone pilot
- Woman gives birth at Richmond mall
(Click for RSS instructions.)