Tanker rolls over and kills CN worker
Nov 30, 2012 / 7:20 am
One man has died in a train derailment at a remote worksite in northeastern BC.
The incident occurred Wednesday evening at a CN Rail yard about 180 kilometres north of Fort St. John when a fuel tanker derailed and rolled onto the victim.
Four other CN employees were in the yard and one was nearby, but no one else was hurt.
The victim's name has not been released.
First responders had a difficult time reaching the scene because it is only accessible by rail.
Investigations are underway by several agencies, including the RCMP, Coroners Service, CN Police, Transportation Safety Board, WorkSafe BC, and Human Resources and Skills Development. (MooseFM)
Read more BC News
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
(Click for RSS instructions.)