Gunshot deaths ruled murder-suicide
Nov 29, 2012 / 8:24 pm
The deaths of a couple in a home in northeast B.C. a week ago have been ruled a murder-suicide.
Forty-nine-year-old Adina Rose Napoleon and 52-year-old Eugene Sochan were found dead of gunshot wounds at the home in Moberly Lake near Chetwynd on Nov. 23.
An investigation by the RCMP and the Coroners Service has determined Sochan shot Napoleon before killing himself.
The Coroners Service says alcohol and drugs appear to have been factors in the deaths.
The RCMP has finished its investigation and is now helping the Coroners Service as it completes its own probe.
Read more BC News
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
(Click for RSS instructions.)