Brothers killed in similar 'hits'
Nov 27, 2012 / 12:21 pm
One of the two men shot dead in a Burnaby hotel Monday, was the brother of a man killed in a similar hit two years ago just a few kilometres away.
The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team says the latest victims were Sukh Dhak and Thomas Mantel.
They were targeted in the lobby of the Executive Inn, but despite the hail of bullets, no other hotel guests or staff were hurt.
Dhak's brother, Gurmit Dhak, was gunned down in a parking lot at Burnaby's Metrotown shopping centre in October of 2010, and last year, the police issued a warning that anyone associated with Dhak was at risk.
More recently, the Crown had outlined a case against Sukh Dhak, calling him the mastermind behind a large-scale drug lab.
There have been a series of drug related killings in Metro Vancouver this year, dating back to last January. (The Canadian Press,News1130)
Read more BC News
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
(Click for RSS instructions.)