Fallen tree kills mother of two
Nov 26, 2012 / 11:45 am
A 42-year-old Kamloops woman was killed when a tree being cut down by her husband fell on her.
The incident occurred about 3:30 Sunday afternoon on an off shooting un-named forest service road 11.5 km up Lac La Jeune Forest Service Road.
There were no other people reported in the area at the time.
RCMP Staff Sgt. Grant Learned, says officers interviewed the deceased's 47-year-old husband who was emotionally distraught.
"Officers accompanied him to his home where the man’s two young daughters were notified of the event," says Learned.
"Police Victim Services are working with the family."
The police and Coroner’s investigation into the incident is on-going.
The name of the deceased will be released at the discretion of the BC Coroner’s Service.
Read more BC News
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
- Strikes loom at Okanagan schools
- Gov't endorses alcohol sales in stores
- Whistler sled dogs still need homes
(Click for RSS instructions.)