Funeral today for fallen Mountie
Nov 20, 2012 / 1:49 pm
Funeral services will be held in Langley this afternoon (Tuesday) for RCMP Cst. Adrian Oliver.
The 28-year-old officer was killed last Tuesday when he was involved in an early morning motor vehicle crash in Surrey.
Thousands of RCMP and police members from around the world, including Okanagan Detachments, are expected to attend the funeral at the Langley Events Centre.
The funeral procession will arrive at 12:30. Funeral proceedings will begin at 1 p.m.
The funeral will be proceeded by a large march featuring RCMP personnel followed by other uniform emergency services including Lower Mainland fire departments and other police forces.
Castanet will provide live streaming of the funeral.
Read more BC News
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
(Click for RSS instructions.)