Hwy 5 travel advisory
Nov 19, 2012 / 3:37 pm
DriveBC is warning travellers to consider alternate arrangements if planning to take the Coquihalla Highway today (Nov. 19).
Limited visibility with heavy snowfall from Box Canyon Chainup area to Exit 250, Larson Hill has forced a travel advisory.
Environment Canada is forecasting 10 cm of snow at the summit by Monday evening.
Just after 2 p.m. Monday a BC ambulance was involved in a minor vehicle accident on Highway 5 near the Logan Lake turn off.
No patients were on board and no injuries sustained by staff, the ambulance also received minor damage.
It's unclear if weather was a factor, however Environment Canada was forecasting cloudy weather with flurries at the time.
Although there is not an advisory for the connector (Hwy 97 C), fog has reduced visibility and 5 to 10 cm of snow is expected to fall near the summit.
Read more BC News
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
- Strikes loom at Okanagan schools
- Gov't endorses alcohol sales in stores
- Whistler sled dogs still need homes
- December CounterAttack roadchecks on
- Mounties make arrest in deadly collision
(Click for RSS instructions.)