Body found in burnt car in Vancouver
Nov 18, 2012 / 11:55 am
Vancouver police say they're investigating the discovery of a body that was found inside a burnt car in the city's east side.
Police say firefighters responded to a car fire on Friday night.
When they arrived, they found a badly burnt car and what were believed to be human remains inside.
Police say the fire is being treated as suspicious, though they haven't speculated what caused the blaze or whether they're dealing with a homicide.
Forensic identification experts and the police department's major crimes unit are involved in the investigation.
Read more BC News
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
(Click for RSS instructions.)