Porn charges for former school worker
Nov 14, 2012 / 12:18 pm
A former school district employee on northern Vancouver Island faces child pornography charges.
RCMP in Port McNeill, 350 kilometres northwest of Nanaimo, say 45-year-old Timothy Joseph Ouellette faces one count of possession of child porn and another charge of possession for the purpose of distribution or sale.
Charges were laid Nov. 9, more than seven months after Mounties raided Ouellette's Port McNeill home and seized several pieces of evidence.
Officers say Ouellette has since moved away from Port McNeill and an RCMP release does not indicate what position he held with the school district.
While Ouellette is free on bail, he must not use the Internet or have contact with children under 14 years of age.
He next court date is set for Nov. 20 in provincial court in Port Hardy.
Read more BC News
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
(Click for RSS instructions.)