Shooting seriously injures Surrey man
Nov 14, 2012 / 7:20 am
A Surrey, B.C., man is in serious condition in a Metro Vancouver hospital after being jumped by a group of men and shot in the torso.
Surrey RCMP say the incident happened just after 7:30 Tuesday night in the Fleetwood neighbourhood.
They believe the man was investigating noises in his front yard when he was confronted by as many as five young men.
A scuffle followed and the suspects fled after the shot was fired.
No arrests have been made and police say there are no suspects.
Officers are canvassing the neighbourhood, hoping area residents saw something or can offer some clues about a motive for the shooting.
Read more BC News
- Snow hits the Coquihalla & 97C
- Saanich man, 85, beat in home invasion
- Driver, 11, flips jeep killing 12-year-old
- Air force helps rescue hiker
- Coal mine rejected on Vancouver Island
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
(Click for RSS instructions.)