Beaujolais Nouveau flows into stores
Nov 13, 2012 / 2:51 pm
The 2012 Beaujolais Nouveau is being released at BC Liquor Stores locations throughout the province beginning this Thursday, Nov. 15.
Beaujolais Nouveau is available in limited quantities for a short period of time.
The BC Liquor Distribution Branch has secured 1200 cases of this year's release.
By international agreement, Beaujolais Nouveau is released worldwide on the third Thursday of November each year.
"The Nouveau (new) wine is exciting because it is our first look at what the vintage will bring for the entire Beaujolais region," said Barbara Philip MW, Liquor Distribution Branch portfolio manager for European wine.
"Despite severe frost and challenging weather resulting in very low yields throughout the Beaujolais region, the quality is good with concentrated flavours of red berries and floral aromas."
The price will start around $14.
Read more BC News
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
(Click for RSS instructions.)