No dope, this cop's chat goes viral
Nov 9, 2012 / 3:58 pm
A Victoria university student's Internet search for marijuana has gone viral thanks in no small part to a media savvy Victoria cop.
The unknown student's quest to purchase some marijuana near or at the University of Victoria campus sparked a wide ranging discussion that had stoners interacting with Victoria Police Cst. Mike Russell.
It all happened on the social news website Reddit, where almost 2,800 people participated in some form or another.
Russell monitors social media sites for the police department and he apparently couldn't resist the marijuana conversation, jumping in with a one-word opener: "Cough."
"It's the fuzz," cracked one participant, another joked about Russell's handcuffs, but the conversation soon focused on Russell's social media skills and marijuana laws.
The marijuana debate rocketed to Reddit's front page, where site users get to decide the fate of topics through their submissions, but it's not known if the student ever did find some pot.
Read more BC News
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
(Click for RSS instructions.)