Treacherous conditions on Coquihalla
Nov 9, 2012 / 5:27 am
Snow, ice and fog are causing problems for drivers on the Coquihalla between Hope and Merritt.
An accident closed the northbound lanes of Highway 5 from 11:30 Thursday night until just after 3 a.m. this morning.
The route was closed from from Exit 202, Portia Interchange to Merritt (88.3 km). DriveBC was advising people to detour via Highway 1 and Highway 3.
Here is a note from DriveBC: Highway 5 Northbound - Vehicle Recovery 15 km north of Exit 256, Kingsvale (Coldwater Road). Lane closure in effect. Updated on Fri. Nov. 9 at 3:19 a.m.
Although the route is now open drivers are advised to use caution, there is compact snow with slippery sections from Hope to Merritt.
To see the highway conditions on 97C click here.
A fatal accident also closed Hyw. 1 near Revelstoke this morning (Friday Nov. 9).
Read more BC News
- Revelstoke structure fire
- Public apology
- Head on collision near Golden
- Sister spent 38 years looking for brother
- B.C. minister lobbies controversial mine
- B.C. conditionally grants YVR fuel project
- Body of man missing for 40 years found
- Feds says B.C. can count on ESL funds
- Furlong says RCMP letter exonerates him
- Emergency landing in Nanaimo
- Hwy 1 reopens near Golden
- Salmon hatchery destroyed by fire
(Click for RSS instructions.)