Bomb squad evacuates homes
Nov 5, 2012 / 7:22 pm
Several homes have been evacuated and the RCMP's bomb squad is on the scene after a suspicious package was found in a quiet residential neighbourhood south of Vancouver.
Cst. Ciaran Feenan of the Delta Police Department says the item was found at a local residence just before 3 p.m. Monday, and police quickly determined they needed to call in the RCMP's explosives disposal unit.
Feenan did not have any details on the package Monday night.
But he says residents in the immediate area were evacuated from their homes as a precaution, although he declined to speculate on the number of residents or homes affected.
Feenan says the Delta police and the Mounties will be conducting a very thorough and safe investigation.
As a result, he says police will not speculate on when residents can return to their homes.
Read more BC News
- Richmond man shot in tile store
- Incest father has sentence doubled
- BC NDP seeks to abolish Senate
- Driver plows SUV in grocery store
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
(Click for RSS instructions.)