Bomb squad evacuates homes
Nov 5, 2012 / 7:22 pm
Several homes have been evacuated and the RCMP's bomb squad is on the scene after a suspicious package was found in a quiet residential neighbourhood south of Vancouver.
Cst. Ciaran Feenan of the Delta Police Department says the item was found at a local residence just before 3 p.m. Monday, and police quickly determined they needed to call in the RCMP's explosives disposal unit.
Feenan did not have any details on the package Monday night.
But he says residents in the immediate area were evacuated from their homes as a precaution, although he declined to speculate on the number of residents or homes affected.
Feenan says the Delta police and the Mounties will be conducting a very thorough and safe investigation.
As a result, he says police will not speculate on when residents can return to their homes.
Read more BC News
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
(Click for RSS instructions.)