Police discover human remains
Nov 5, 2012 / 4:22 pm
The RCMP is investigating the discovery of human remains near a forest service road in northeast BC.
Police say they found the remains when they were called out to check the site of a suspicious fire near Tumbler Ridge on Saturday.
The remains have not yet been identified.
Police say investigators are still securing the site, which is in the area of the Bull Moose Forest Service Road.
The RCMP Forensic Identification Section and North District Major Crime Unit are investigating, along with the BC Coroner's Service.
Read more BC News
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
(Click for RSS instructions.)