Park it, on one of 100 new benches
Nov 3, 2012 / 7:38 pm
British Columbians have sponsored 100 benches to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the provincial park system.
The 100 for 100 Park Bench Challenge began last year, and all the benches have now been installed in parks across BC.
The Environment Ministry says two of the benches honour Lenami Godinez, a woman who died tragically earlier this year in a hang-gliding accident.
The benches to remember the former ministry employee can be enjoyed by visitors to Garibaldi Provincial Park and Cultus Lake.
Kamloops resident Jim Thom sponsored a bench in memory of his wife Barbara on a bluff overlooking Lac Le Jeune Lake, where the couple took many trips over four decades.
Sponsoring a bench costs $3,000 and includes installation, a bronze plaque and maintenance for 10 years.
Read more BC News
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
- Juror excused at BC ferry sinking trial
- Body found following swimming tragedy
- 72-hour strike notice given to FortisBC
(Click for RSS instructions.)