Bear family join in Halloween fun
Nov 2, 2012 / 11:30 am
The bear costumes were a bit too authentic for residents in Hope, B.C., who alerted police to trouble in their backyard on Halloween night.
A mother bear and her two cubs were spotted wandering the neighbourhood around 8 p.m.
By the time RCMP officers arrived, the three bears had climbed a tree.
Police spent a few hours on guard at the bottom of the tree until the children had finished their trick-or-treat rounds.
Officers, who have been working with the local Bear Aware program, cleared out of the area to allow for a getaway.
The bears then climbed down and ran off, without Halloween candy and no hint of what they'll wear next year.
Read more BC News
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
(Click for RSS instructions.)