Boy saves grandpa with 911 call
Oct 31, 2012 / 1:19 pm
A seven-year-old boy saved his grandfather's life by calling 9-1-1. The two were out for a drive in Chilliwack at the time of the incident.
On October 27, a 9-1-1 operator received the call. The boy stated his grandpa suddenly pulled over, started to shake violently and that he was sweating. He said that his grandpa was just laying in the drivers seat and he couldn't wake him up.
The little boy knew something wasn't right, found his grandpa's cell phone and called 9-1-1. The boy was able to tell the operator what was wrong and where he was, guiding emergency personnel to his location on the side of the road.
Grandpa is in hospital undergoing several tests.
The boy is being hailed as a hero for keeping a cool head and for calling 9-1-1. Here is a portion of the call:
Read more BC News
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
(Click for RSS instructions.)