Premier has a We Day
Oct 18, 2012 / 11:53 am
Premier Christy Clark has told a stadium full of young people not to be bystanders in the face of bullying.
Clark made the comments at the We Day event in Vancouver while referring to Amanda Todd's suicide.
Todd, 15, took her own life last week after enduring years of Internet sexual exploitation and bullying by her peers.
Clark noted Todd recorded a YouTube video before her death, recounting the abuse inflicted on her.
Clark says Todd made the video to convince the public to stand up and not be bystanders.
Clark compared the teen to Terry Fox, whose death left the legacy of the Terry Fox Run, saying Todd's death should also drive young people to stand up for change.
Read more BC News
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
- Juror excused at BC ferry sinking trial
- Body found following swimming tragedy
- 72-hour strike notice given to FortisBC
(Click for RSS instructions.)