Police standoff with armed man
Oct 15, 2012 / 8:27 am
Vancouver police say they are negotiating with a distraught man after he entered the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel with a hand gun early Monday morning.
Police say a man is his 20s entered the hotel at 2:30 a.m. waving a gun and is currently in a locked down area on the second or third floor.
"He's currently contained to a public area of the hotel," Const. Brian Montague said. "Obviously the safety of the guests and the public are a priority for us. Our negotiators are speaking with him. Guests in the hotel have been asked to stay in their rooms," Const. Brian Montague said.
Police say the man has not threatened anyone or made any demands.
The area around the hotel remains closed to pedestrian and vehicle traffic.
More to come…
Read more BC News
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
(Click for RSS instructions.)