Highway 1 opened after truck fire
Oct 9, 2012 / 4:34 pm
Road reopened 9 km east of Rogers Pass Summit. Updated on Tue. Oct. 9 at 5:16 p.m.
The photo shows the back-log of traffic on Hwy. 1, near Parks Headquarters at Glacier National Park, 72 km east of Revelstoke.
The Highway is closed in both directions 9 km east of the Rogers Pass Summit because of a vehicle fire.
DriveBC says no detour is available. They estimate the highway may be open by 5:45 p.m., but they are not that confident it will be cleared up in time, and ask people to check their web site for updates.
Read more BC News
- Man and woman hurt in double shooting
- Pipeline spill southwest of Merritt
- Charges laid in skateboard assault case
- Pipeline backlash following latest spill
- Crash of small plane claims lone pilot
- Woman gives birth at Richmond mall
- Pin pad fraud
- Malaysian company to invest $16B
- Premier's first priority? Raises for staff
- Charges approved against 229 in riot
- RCMP seeking stolen dirtbike
- Okanagan prepares for invasive species
(Click for RSS instructions.)