Cop fires gun in Yahk after car jacking
Oct 3, 2012 / 7:01 am
At approximately 10:30 p.m. (Mountain Time) on Tuesday October 2, a Cranbrook RCMP member attempted to stop a suspected stolen vehicle that was involved in a car jacking earlier in the day in the Creston area.
During the incident the officer discharged his service pistol. Two suspects were taken into custody, the male suspect was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The female suspect remains in police custody. The officer was not injured.
This incident is being investigated by the Independent Investigations Office of BC (IIO).
The scene has been secured in anticipation of their arrival. As the IIO now has jurisdiction over this matter any further updates and information will be provided by the investigating agency and therefore media inquiries should be directed to the IIO.
Read more BC News
- Man and woman hurt in double shooting
- Pipeline spill southwest of Merritt
- Charges laid in skateboard assault case
- Pipeline backlash following latest spill
- Crash of small plane claims lone pilot
- Woman gives birth at Richmond mall
- Pin pad fraud
- Malaysian company to invest $16B
- Premier's first priority? Raises for staff
- Charges approved against 229 in riot
- RCMP seeking stolen dirtbike
- Okanagan prepares for invasive species
(Click for RSS instructions.)