Explosion, fire rock Langley
Oct 2, 2012 / 4:00 pm
An explosion and fire has rocked an industrial area of Langley, and forced the partial closure of a major bridge nearby.
The fire has engulfed a building and several truck trailers at a trucking company in the Port Kells area near the Fraser River.
It's resulted in some lane closures on the Golden Ears Bridge that links Surrey to Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows and forced some local street closures in the area.
The blaze has sent a huge plume of black smoke into the sky and some people in the area are reporting breathing problems.
It's not known what caused the blast and there are no immediate reports of any injuries.
Read more BC News
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
(Click for RSS instructions.)