Kamloops: Drunk beats on bus driver
Sep 27, 2012 / 6:21 pm
The Kamloops RCMP are hunting for a man who was involved in a physical scuffle with a City Transit Bus driver in the Dallas area just before 1:30 p.m. today.
The bus had stopped in the area of Valleyview Drive and River Rd. to let the man place his bike on the front carry rack and get on board. The transit driver determined that the man was intoxicated, refused him service and directed the man to leave the bus. When the intoxicated passenger refused to disembark, police were called.
Before patrol officers arrived on the scene, the unknown male got off the bus and removed his bike from the front rack. The man then came around to the front left side of the bus and began punching at the driver through the open side window. The driver attempted to grab the man’s arm through the window but in doing so, he suffered two cuts to his lower left arm. The suspect fled the area.
Police are looking for a man who was described as being Caucasian, in his early 50's, unshaven with dark hair. He was wearing a white shirt with pink/blue patterns and was riding a dark-coloured non-descript mountain bike.
The lone female passenger on board the bus at the time was not injured. Patrols were made by the responding police officers but the suspect could not be located.
Anyone with information regarding this suspect is asked to contact Cst. Rose DUNSMORE of the Kamloops RCMP or Crimestoppers.
Read more BC News
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
(Click for RSS instructions.)