A war chest of guns found at grow-ops
Sep 24, 2012 / 4:33 pm
RCMP have seized 110 guns, busted three grow-ops and confiscated an array of drugs following a 14-month investigation into organized crime in northern BC.
The investigation focused on drug trafficking in Terrace, BC, located 1,300 kilometres north of Vancouver.
Police found more than 500 pot plants and a kilogram and a half of cocaine, as well as ecstasy, hashish, magic mushrooms and prescription drugs.
They say some of the guns were loaded and readily accessible when they conducted the raids.
Insp. Dana Hart of Terrace RCMP says the organized crime group involved posed a significant threat to the community of 11,000.
Dave Edwardsen is facing 11 drug trafficking and firearms offences and RCMP expect charges are coming against others.
Read more BC News
- Pipeline backlash following latest spill
- Crash of small plane claims lone pilot
- Woman gives birth at Richmond mall
- Pin pad fraud
- Malaysian company to invest $16B
- Premier's first priority? Raises for staff
- Charges approved against 229 in riot
- RCMP seeking stolen dirtbike
- Okanagan prepares for invasive species
- Cop involved in Surrey Six resigns
- Newly-wed believed drowned
- Kamloops: truck, trailer & owner stolen
(Click for RSS instructions.)