Historic Dawson Creek hotel burns
Sep 15, 2012 / 10:50 am
A historic hotel in Dawson Creek has been destroyed by fire.
The blaze broke out around 5:00 p.m. Friday evening at the Alaska Hotel and quickly blanketed the downtown in black smoke.
Fire crews and RCMP shut down the city's core to traffic as firefighters battled the blaze.
By 7:00 p.m., the building's roof had collapsed but crews continued to battle the blaze into the night.
A large fire on the same block burned a video store to the ground last year.
Read more BC News
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
(Click for RSS instructions.)