Police shooting in Prince George
Sep 11, 2012 / 8:17 am
On Sunday September 9, Prince George RCMP were made aware of a serious Criminal offence that occurred in a rural area southeast of the City of Prince George.
As a result of this incident, members of the Prince George RCMP set up and maintained a perimeter in this rural area in order to locate a single suspect believed to be responsible.
During the early evening of Monday September 10, an interaction between police officers and the suspect occurred where at least one shot was fired. There are no reports of police injuries at this time.
As a result of that interaction and in-line with the new policies and procedures, this police involved shooting is being investigated by the Independent Investigations Office of BC (IIO).
The scene has been secured in anticipation of their arrival.
Read more BC News
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
(Click for RSS instructions.)