Teen faces murder charge
Sep 10, 2012 / 5:23 pm
A Vancouver Island man has been arrested in connection with the beating death of a 28-year-old Port Hardy, B.C., woman.
Mounties say they went to an abandoned house in the community on northern Vancouver Island after receiving a 911 call late Sunday about a woman needing medical assistance.
The woman, Cindy Scow, was rushed to a Port Hardy hospital but died early Monday morning.
Police had earlier arrested a 19-year-old man and now say he faces homicide charges.
Police say the incident, which occurred on land owned by the Gwa'sala-'Nakwaxda'xw (gwa-sal-a nawk-wa-dawk) First Nation, will have a significant impact on the community.
Read more BC News
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
(Click for RSS instructions.)