One dead in crash near Prince George
Sep 1, 2012 / 11:42 am
Highway 97 near Prince George remains closed at this hour following a deadly early morning accident.
A paramedic on his way to work in a pickup truck was clipped by an older model Chrysler early Saturday morning.
Police say the Chrysler was driving erratically before it hit the truck and flipped, tumbling off the highway.
The driver was ejected from his car during the crash and died at the scene.
The driver of the truck was not injured, but was sent to a nearby hospital for examination as a precaution.
Police say speed, alcohol and not using a seatbelt look to be the main causes of the crash and death.
(The Canadian Press)
Read more BC News
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
(Click for RSS instructions.)