Maple Ridge mill destroyed by fire
Aug 26, 2012 / 1:09 pm
Authorities are investigating after a fire burned down the Waldun Forest Products mill in Ruskin, just east of Maple Ridge last night.
Mark Smitton of the Maple Ridge Fire Department says the first calls came in just after midnight Sunday.
He says there was a security guard at the mill when the fire broke out, but the guard was not in the mill itself.
The mill's owner, Kirk Nagy says the operation employs about 60 people.
Nagy says now he's looking for short-term production facilities to help fill his orders.
Authorities say they don't know the cause of the fire, but are investigating.(CKNW)(News 1130)
Read more BC News
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
- Juror excused at BC ferry sinking trial
- Body found following swimming tragedy
- 72-hour strike notice given to FortisBC
- BC First Nation threatens to block road
- Police rescue children locked inside cars
- Flood risk heightens, safety urged
(Click for RSS instructions.)