Warning issued over wanted man
Aug 26, 2012 / 9:59 am
South East District RCMP are asking the public for their assistance in locating Phillip LYONS who has a Canada Wide Warrant for his arrest.
On Friday, August 24, police issued a release stating they are looking for 36 year-old Phillip Lyons, who had his parole suspended in May 2012 after he walked away from a halfway house in Kelowna.
Media Relations Officer, Cst. Lesley Smith, says Lyons has a lengthy and versatile criminal history.
His criminal record includes attempted robbery, arson for fraudulent purposes, attempting escape, theft, failing to comply, possession of property obtained by crime, uttering a forged document, failing to appear, fraud, driving while impaired, uttering threats and possession of a scheduled substance.
The release also states that Lyons is known to the Okanagan area but could be travelling anywhere in the province in his 1988 black Mazda 929 with BC Licence Plate 546 PVE
Phillip Lyons is described as
- 5’10 , 223lbs
- Brown hair
- Brown eyes
Distinguishing features include tattoos, a cross and tribal symbol surrounding an eye and 'FTC' on his left forearm.
Police ask that you do not approach him as he may become violent. Instead, contact your local RCMP Detachment, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or report it on-line.
Read more BC News
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
(Click for RSS instructions.)